




Mark's Great Aunt Oderia passed away last week. She came to live with Mark's parents last year because she was really sick and didn't have anyone to help take care of her. Mark's parents were so nice to her and really tried to make the last year of her life good. They were always taking her out to dinner and movies. They would take her for little drives just to get away for a while, and they tried so hard to help her not be lonely. Jonah really liked her. Jonah and I visited her the day before she died, and I'm so thankful that we did that. It's been a special experience for me because I've been able to see Jonah understanding what happens when we die, and we have had a lot of talks about how thankful we are that our family gets to be together forever. Jonah and his cousins sang "I am a Child of God" at the funeral and did such a good job. It was such a windy day at the cemetery, but I think we still got a couple of good pictures. We'll miss Aunt Oderia a lot, but we're so glad that she isn't in pain anymore.
Wednesday, April 23, 2008
Aunt Oderia
Posted by Lindsey Stubler at 12:59 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I am sorry for your loss! How great that you were able to visit the day before, and what an amazing lesson you get to teach Jonah! Love ya~
Post a Comment